Welcome to MILVERSON MUSIC
Home of Composer, Vocalist, Clarinettist and Musical Director Michael Henry.
- April-July 2017 THE BARBER SHOP CHRONICLES: Musical director and vocal arranger on the Inua Ellams play, directed by Bijan Shebani. This is a triple production by the National Theatre, West Yorkshire Playhouse and Fuel and runs at the NT Dorfman and the WYP from May to July.
- June-October 2016 THEY DRINK IT IN THE CONGO: Composer and Musical director on the play by Adam Brace, directed by Mike Longhurst for the Almeida Theatre.
- September 2015-June 2016 MAY CONTAIN FOOD: Musical director and 1 of 8 performers in this acapella vocal-dance piece by Protein Dance, directed and choreographed by Luca Silvestrini with music by Orlando Gough.
- March - June 2015 MERCHANT OF VENICE: Vocalist, instrumentalist and deputy musical director for the Shakespeare's Globe production, directed by Jonathan Munby with music by Jules Maxwell.
- January - March 2015 BOI BOI IS DEAD: Composer and Musical Director on this new play by Zodwa Nyoni, directed by Lucian Msamati. A triple production between West Yorkshire Playhouse, Tiata Fahodzi and Watford Palace Theatre.
THE REALNESS: Musical director and keyboardist on The Big House's urban musical, written by Kath Gotts of Big Broad Productions and directed by Maggie Norris, running until December 20th.
MR. BURNS: Co-composer, co-musical director and performer in this Ann Washburn play, directed by Robert Icke, running at the Almeida Theatre June 9th-July 29th 2014
June - August 2013
THE AMEN CORNER: Gospel vocalist and MD liaison in Rufus Norris's production of the James Baldwin play at the National Theatre, Olivier stage.
January - March 2013
FEAST: Musical Director, arranger, vocalist and instrumentalist on the Young Vic/Royal Court production exploring 300 years and 4 continents of Yoruban diaspora, directed by Rufus Norris.
THAMES DIAMOND JUBILEE PAGEANT: Arranger and featured vocalist with the Jubilant Commonwealth Choir aboard the flotilla's Silver Bonito
CIRCUS TRICKS: A one-act opera commissioned by Tete a Tete, with music by Michael Henry and libretto by Adey Grummet, receives its premiere run at the Riverside Studios in Hammersmith from March 19th to 25th.
JILTED: Michael contributes 3 songs to the latest production from the
Flam team (Melanie Pappenheim, Rebecca Askew and Emma Bernard) for performance on March 3rd at the 2012 Bath LitFest.
YES: Michael is one of 10 performers in this opera with music by Errollyn Wallen and libretto by Bonnie Greer, performed as part of the Royal Opera House's "Opera Shots" season.
RCVR: A Sci-Fi webisode series with an original score by Rob Lord. Michael acts as vocal director, transcriber, arranger and performer on the soundtrack.
April to August 2011
EMPEROR AND GALILEAN: Michael acts as vocal director and featured cast member in this National Theatre production of the Ibsen play.
May to July 2011
BBC LEARNING PROM (Horrible Histories): Along with singer-songwriter Roshi Nasehi, Michael acts as vocal animateur and conductor for 220 young people between the ages of 6 and 13 in a performance of songs from the Horrible Histories television series.
Sept 2010 to Jan 2011
- FELA!: Michael acts as Vocal Music Director for the National Theatre's production about the life and music of the Nigerian icon Fela Kuti.
- 5 performances of a piece by Jocelyn Pook, produced as part of the Royal Opera House's Opera Shots series, featuring Michael Henry as one of 12 performers. Performance dates: June 18th, 19th and 24th-26th.
- The SHOUT: The 15-piece a capella vocal ensemble leads a collection of choirs in a vocal installation to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the National Portrait Gallery's Ondaatje Wing on May 7th at 6:30pm.
- April 2010
- G-PROJECT: Virtuoso duo Genevieve Wilkins (percussion) and Gabriella Swallow (cello) perform Henry composition Mantra at The Forge in Camden, London on April 15th at 7:30pm.
- February 2010
- DALSTON SONGS: Michael is one of 8 vocalists in the a capella theatre piece by Helen Chadwick at London's Royal Opera House February 6th-9th.
- G-PROJECT: Virtuoso duo Genevieve Wilkins (percussion) and Gabriella Swallow (cello) perform Henry composition G-Spring in London's Vibe Bar on January 28th.